I must not have watched Star Trek Deep Space Nine before the first time I saw Hellraiser 3, because I had not realized that Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax in DS9) played the main character. It was really nice seeing her in a different role. And she does a pretty good job as the intrepid young reporter who gets drawn into, well, hell. Like the second movie this one continues where the previous one ended, but this time with an entirely new cast except for Pinhead. For basically being the same thing for a third time, I think it’s a pretty good movie. My main complaint is that the demon Pinhead is reduced to a more mundane evil in this movie. As one character actually says, there used to be rules but now the demon is free to do whatever it wants. The end result is still torture and death. But especially in the first movie you got the sense that the demons were not so much evil as alien. They brought pleasure and new experiences through unimaginable pain. Whereas in this movie Pinhead kills people because he likes it. Which I find a far less interesting concept. Still, as I said, I like the movie.
- Not of This Earth – Halloween Horror Month Movie Spectacular 2014 Day 31
- Wishmaster 4 – Halloween Horror Month Movie Spectacular 2014 Day 30
- Hellraiser 3: Hell on Earth – Halloween Horror Month Movie Spectacular 2014 Day 29
- Leprechaun 6: Back 2 tha Hood – Halloween Horror Month Movie Spectacular 2014 Day 28
- World War Z – Halloween Horror Month Movie Spectacular 2014 Day 27